Welcome to the Sunday series from The Romans 1 Group and The Bootstraps 101 Business Institute.
Here we pause one day a week to reflect on how modern times stack up to the ageless wisdom of the Bible.
This week we are looking at some of the background behind The Romans 1 Group (the business) with Romans 1 (the chapter in the Bible). As with any legitimate study, a good place to start is to compare the modern day issue at hand with the Ten Commandments. Moses would be proud!
NOTE: If you are a pastor, teacher, or author who wants to get your message out, HobNob Local is a great way to do that! Contact us at The Romans 1 Group LLC or at The Bootstraps 101 Business Institute LLC, phone 614-440-3180 and we can get you started on our HobNob Local site for as little as $10 per month.
Romans 1:18-32 lined up in contrast to the Ten Commandments
1) No other gods – v 20-21; v 25 (did not acknowledge God; served the creature)
2) No idols – v 23 (exchanged the glory of God for images)
3) Do not take the name of the Lord in vain – v 30 (haters of God)
4) Remember the Sabbath – v 26; v 30 (did not acknowledge God)
5) Honor your father and mother – v 30 (disobedient to parents)
6) Do not murder – v 29 (full of envy, murder…)
7) Do not commit adultery – v 26-27 (dishonorable passions; consumed with passion)
8) Do not steal – v31 (ruthless)
9) Do not lie – v 18; v 25; v 29 (suppress the truth; exchanged the truth…; give approval)
10) Do not covet – v29 (full of envy, murder…)
By the way, did you ever wonder what the difference is between the first two commandments? After all, they sound so similar. Here’s the answer…… the first commandment warns against worshipping those things that God created, such as nature, trees, endangered species, your kids, etc. The second commandment warns against worshiping those things that man has created, such as beautiful cities, fast cars, religion, Ohio State football….. you get the picture.
More to come next week…..
Steven Cox CPA, Founder
The Romans 1 Group LLC
The Bootstraps 101 Business Institute LLC (check out our online financial series Bootstraps 101)